Wafer Fabrication Manufacturing Equipment Installation, Confidential Client
DPS completed a wafer fabrication manufacturing equipment installation project for a confidential client in Ireland over a 24 month period that required a full de-installation, upgrade and reinstallation of next generation process technology.
About this project
DPS completed a Wafer Fabrication Manufacturing Equipment Installation project for a confidential client in Ireland over a 24 month period that required a full de-installation, upgrade and reinstallation of next generation process technology.
As part of the 300mm manufacturing equipment installation ramp DPS managed the Design, Installation and Commissioning life cycles of the project. Manufacturing Equipment Installation Management responsibilities included Design Coordination, QA/QC, Scheduling, Cost Control, Procurement, Logistics, Move-In Move-Out (MIMO), Installation Construction Management and Equipment Sign-Off (Commissioning) in line with Client’s requirements.
The project scope was executed in 3 live manufacturing facilities simultaneously to aggressively tight schedules and strict budget parameters. This accelerated environment created knock on logistical challenges, the biggest being move-in dock capacity (i.e. constrained by the numbering of operating docks) for materials and manufacturing equipment. All of these challenges were managed on the ground by a dedicated senior management team using a Project Management Information System (PMIS) platform developed in-house known as PMCS – Project Management Control System.
Process/support systems installation
- Analytical Systems: Crest, KLA, Nikon, Hitachi & Brooks
- Diffusion & Implant Tools: AMAT
- Thin Films & Disposition Tools: LAM, AMAT, ASM
- Plasma (Dry) Etch Tools: Telius, AMAT, Hitachi, LAM
- Lithography Tools: TEL, Nikon, ASML
- Chemical (Wet) Tools: DNSJ, Tel
- 1.5 million sq. ft. site with 500K sq.ft. of Cleanroom
- 4 site manufacturing equipment installation projects run simultaneously
- Installation of 300mm process tool to enable Client ramp capacity
Tell us about your project
and discover how DPS can help you today